Thursday 12 August 2010

Character sheet and player aids

For the curious, the 2 page character sheets and 3 pages of play aids from our Gencon crawl are here (Google docs).

I have modified them somewhat since the game, mainly putting more complete stats for common weapons and armor onto the equipment sheet, and adding a henchmen table (in the game I used a number of pre-gens from the Meatshields utility).

Some of the notes may be a little cryptic, but people generally figured stuff out, asking along the way.

Yes, the d6 pips and encumbrance system are a blatant hommage. Probably by the time I release Assayers' Guild Characters I'll have figured out an alternate display system.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for running that awesome game. :D

    When I click on that link I get a "document is not available" message. Is it not shared, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... Still getting "Sorry, the page (or document) you have requested is not available."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh - OK, I have made it "public on the Web" rather than "anyone with link" - if that does not work I may have to seek other media of distribution!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got it! Ooh, and the spell lists are there, too. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like that the game rules are almost all on the sheet. That really helps new players get a firm grasp, and makes rules look-up almost nonexistant as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep - I'm not sure how accessible the rules are to someone without the rudiments of D&D, but part of my choice of the D&D system is its near universal familiarity to anyone who has done any roleplaying at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it! Now I'm wishing I could whip something like that up in German for the Con starting tomorrow evening!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad that somebody is getting some use out of Meatshields! Very cool sheets. I love the "status" table.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks guys! Meatshields is indeed a great way to get some random dudes with short but meaningful characterization.

    ReplyDelete